Register & Vote
Did You Know?
- In Washington, a school levy measure must be approved by 50 percent of the vote, and a school bond must be approved by 60 percent, a supermajority, of the vote.
- All voting in Washington is done by mail.
- Ballots are mailed to registered voters about three weeks prior to an election day.
- Ballots must be returned by Election Day.
Register to Vote
There are three ways to register to vote in King County.
- By mail
- In person
16 and 17 year olds can now pre-register to vote! Registrants under the age of 18 will have their registrations held until they become eligible to vote.
Remember to Return Your Ballot
We encourage all registered voters to vote in all elections.
- Return your ballot to a by 8:00 p.m. election day.
- Mail your ballot via the U.S. Postal Service. Your ballot must be postmarked no later than election day.